Are you the one who prays to god before entering the interview room, or the one whose hands starts shivering as if the interviewers wearing nice Jade Blue suits are going to grill you up ??
Don’t worry here are some extremely practical and rather unconventional solutions to make your Interview an cracking one.
Before the Interview
1. Look into Yourself
This is a prerequisite for any interview. You just need look into yourself, and see how well can you fit in the job or the position, how your strengths can be applied into it, and how weaknesses won’t affect the job. Mainly you should be able to prove to yourself first that you would turn out to be a real asset to the company.
If you Fail to prepare than be prepared to fail. This quote would surely be applicable in any interview.
2. Complete the formalities(They matter a lot)
Get a precise resume made without any grammatical or printing errors.Always be in formals whenever you are giving the interview along with polished formal shoes(I just mean to say check out every minor aspect,they matter a lot).Search out for the references in the organization and get to know its culture.Check out the common questions asked and keep a brief idea on what are you going to say. Don’t Memorize any answers.
3. Waiting panel
CCTV’s are getting too useful these days,these people keep a check on you even when you sitting in the waiting room.You might loose your job if are seen chewing a chewing gum or even a pen.
4. Watch out corporate movies
This is rather an very unconventional method but unconsciously it will instill some real qualities that are rather useful even after you get a job.eg Go for Rocket singh-Salesman of the year,The internship, The social network, Jobs, The smartest guys in the room-enron.
During The Interview
1. Don’t Get stressed
Interview are taken in order to know the confidence.So,take a chill pill and remain calm even if the interviewer throws some unusual questions.
2. Keep up with Business etiquettes
Shake hands, Maintain an eye contact, keep your mobile switched off, keep a formal and positive attitude end importantly leave with thanking note.
3. Be honest
The people taking the interviews aren’t just sitting there,they would immediately come to know if you are lying..So,rather be a Raju Rastogi to get the job.Also if you don’t know any answer just say “Sir, I need to give a check on it”, rather than bluffing around.
4. Ask Questions
This might seem a little bit odd in the beginning for you but some intelligent questions can surely get you a job.it also shows the quality that that how much eager you are for the job.
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions , don’t forget to check this out.
- Tell me about yourselves.
- What are your greatest strengths?
- What are your greatest weaknesses?
- Why should I hire you?
- Why do you want to work at our company?
- What good books have your read recently?
- We think you are overqualified for this position, please comment.
- Tell us about something that you did and you are ashamed of.
- Where do you see yourselves five years from now?
- What are your hobbies?
At the end I would like to list some awesome questions which have been put off extraordinarily by some people. These questions don’t have any specific answers, the interviewers just want to know how well can you analyze the question and get a witty logic to your answer.
- What can you never eat at breakfast?
– lunch and Dinner Sir!!
- If you have three apples and four oranges in one hand and four apples and three oranges in another,what would you have?
– Very Large hands.
- How many Ping Pong balls can be fit in an 747?
– The 747-400 has a passenger volume of 876 cubic meters, plus a cargo volume of 159 cubic meters, for a total of 1035; using the same method as Jack, this gives about 22,870,000 ping pong balls: A fully-fueled 747-400 filled with this many standard 2.7 gram ping pong balls would be too heavy to take off!(P.S-Asked in Google)
- How can you lift an elephant with one hand?
– It is not a problem, since you will never find! an elephant with one hand (IAS questions)
- How can you drop a raw egg onto a concrete floor without cracking it?
– Concrete floors are very hard to crack!
- If you throw a red stone into the blue sea what it will become?
– It will become Wet or Sink as simple as that.
- How would you rate me as an interviewer”?
– If I have to rate out of 10,
I’ll say 9+’1′
9 because any good hr with sufficient knowledge and diplomatic questions should get a 9.
And +1 because very few have the ability to check a person’s smartness+intelligence+stress handling+convincing power , with a single question.
- Will you be out to take my job?
– Maybe in about twenty years, but by then, I suspect you’ll be running the entire company and will need a good, loyal employee to help you manage this department!
- What would you do if you were the one survivor of a plane crash?
– Be glad I was flying solo that day!!!
- Pick two celebrities to be your parents
– I prefer my current parents. They are celebrities to me.
Enjoyed these right, now go and find your own creative answers. Be calm, relax, have a chilled one, but only after you the job, don’t stop your hunt, and be witty.
Kopf hoch(Keep Smiling)